Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Future

Although this is the final post of this blog for my English Class, it is definitely not the end of my travels. There are 195 countries in the world, and I have only visited 21. There's a lot to explore out there and not enough time to do so. My foolish dream is to visit every country in the world at least once. Yes, even North Korea, because who doesn't want to say: "I totally went to North Korea."

As Christmas season is coming up, my family and I have made plans to go to India. We also discussed the next couple of countries that we would like to visit (or visit again): England, Spain, and France. My family always seems to be thinking about the next place to go and when we do plan a trip, we are eagerly waiting for the date of our plane out to come. Travel has become one of our obsessions, even with all the mishaps we may have experienced.

I would like to encourage everyone to visit a foreign country someday. It is a truly life-changing experience and, like I mentioned in a previous post, it's a great way to learn explore other places, relax, and enjoy some great food with great views and great people. What more could we want? So in the great words of Dr. Seuss "Oh the places you'll go, today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!"




5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, Anupam--I love going to foreign countries. I've never been to Europe unfortunately but I am hoping to go sometime soon. I have been around Asia a lot though and it definitely is a different world. I also feel like a different person when I am travelling. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved following your posts throughout the semester. Each post was unique and the photos at the end of each one were magnificent. North Korea seems like a fun place to visit, though maybe not the best idea haha.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to visit as many foreign countries as possible and my family also always discusses where we are planning to go next, sometimes years in advance. I agree that traveling is an amazing life changing experience and I always love visiting someplace new. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "foolish dream" of visiting every country. Good luck in making it an exciting reality. And between now and whenever you're able to actually visit North Korea, I recommend a fictional visit in Adam Johnson's novel The Orphan Master's Son. In general, I find books an excellent way to explore other parts of the world, as well (though they're no substitute for actually traveling).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me into your life as a traveler. I personally am going on my first trip out of the country this summer, and I'm really excited!
    also p.s.
    "waiting for the date of our plane out to come" is a little confusing, maybe you could add some commas?

    ReplyDelete